Studying interference in a Poisson field of interferers leads to an alpha-stable model. We gather in this workshop some researchers who have been confronted to stable distribution in different topics and/or to TELECOM problems. We will discuss typical problems of interest in mathematics and from more applied point of view. We wish to generate discussions, ideas and collaborations between people having different scientific or application fields but having similar concerns with impulsiveness.
List of Invited Speakers:
(See the timetable
Please notice that the workshop is free of charge, but the registration is mandatory (the lunch will be offered if you register). DEADLINE FOR REGISTRATION IS DECEMBER 13th 2012
- Nourddine Azzaoui, University of Clermond-Ferrand - France:
``Frequency representation of stable process and channel modeling''
- Bernard Garel, University of Toulouse - France: ``Signed symmetric covariation coefficient for alpha-stable dependence modeling''
- Tatjana Lemke & Simon Godsill, University of Cambridge - UK:
``Signal processing with skewed stable distribution''
- Marios Kountouris, Supelec - France :
``Stochastic geometry and performance in telecommunication networks''
- Shuyan Liu, University of Paris 1 - France :
``Estimation of parameters of regularly varying distributions with an application on planetary perturbations on comets''
- Gareth Peters, University College of London - UK :
``Generalized Interference Models in Doubly Stochastic Poisson Random Fields for Wideband Communications: the PNSC(alpha) model''